Find upcoming events near you! Click here for MoveOn events listings.
Thursday, June 07, 2018 at 06:30 PMCleveland Heights-University Heights Public Library in Cleveland Heights, OH
Join us for our June general meeting and find out how you can get more involved with Cleveland DSA! We'll discuss our ongoing campaigns and committee work, and other ways we're working throughout the Cleveland area!
June's meeting will include:
[ ] DSACLE internal special elections, to fill a vacancy on steering committee
[ ] Clevelanders for Public Transit’s proposed ballot levy for RTA funding
[ ] Medicare for All canvassing campaign
[ ] And more!
We'll be in the Brody/Nelson Room.
Let us know if you're in need of childcare or interested in carpooling to attend the meeting.
Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 05:30 PMACLU of Ohio in Cleveland, OHLearn about the history of the Transgender Community in Ohio with a presentation on trans liberation from our Policy Associate Catalleya Storm.
Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 07:45 PMCleveland Museum of Art in Cleveland, OH
For more info: https://www.facebook.com/events/197339391066223/?active_tab=about
Monday, June 18, 2018 at 06:00 PMLaborers Local 310 in Cleveland, OH
*Enter from parking lot on Prospect*
We fight for better transit and win!
Hosted by Clevelanders for Public Transit
Sandra Park of the ACLU's Women's Rights Project will provide the evening keynote following an afternoon of workshops. Nuisance ordinances undermine communities across the state - let's advocate to change these laws. (Five CLE and CEU credits pending.)
Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 05:30 PMACLU of Ohio in Cleveland, OH
Engage with our Chief Lobbyist Gary Daniels for a spirited discussion about the latest bills, trends, and issues in the Ohio legislature. Delve deeper into our overall legislative strategy for the rest of 2018.
Wednesday, August 01, 2018 at 08:00 AMCleveland Museum of Natural History in Cleveland, OH
Our learning objective is to
Discuss Health in All Policies (HiAP)
We will focus on the intersection of politics and policies through a health opportunity lens.
State of Disparities in the African American Community Truth, Reconciliation and Justice through a Community Lens
Morning Keynote Speaker:
Ohio Truth, Reconciliation and Justice Process.
1. Spectacles of Legality: Performance, Transitional Justice, and the Law
2. Justice in Transition: from Riots to the Heights, 1968-2017
3. Witnessing and Interpreting Testimony: Live, Present, Public, and Speaking in Many Tongues
4. Eyes and Ears of the Nation: Social Media and the Implicated Witness
5. Religion, Reconciliation and Redemption: Can I Get a Witness
6. Racism at the Door: Truth and Reconciliation in Repertoire, 2018
7. Creating conditions for African American health equity: The Promise of Healthy Public Policy
Afternoon Group Session
9. Afterword: What "Truth" Meant to the TRC (Truth and Reconciliation Commission)