Senator Rob Portman's "License to Pollute" Bill
On Thursday, August 31 at 10:00 a.m., the Northeast Ohio Black Health Coalition and Cleveland Environmental Action Network will join community advocates to denounce the Regulatory Accountability Act (RAA), a bill authored by U.S. Senator Rob Portman.
The RAA could be the most dangerous bill no one has heard of. While Senator Portman claimed to support the Great Lakes and Ohioans health, his RAA bill could make it difficult for the EPA to protect this vital body of water and Ohio’s air quality. The bill could make the U.S. government a “rubber stamp” for corporate polluters looking to lower safeguards for children’s toys, clean air and water, labor standards, the opioid epidemic, and food.
Speakers will include:
- Kent Smith, State Representative, Ohio's 8th District
- Randy Cunningham, President of Cleveland Environmental Action Network
- Yvonka Hall, Executive Director Northeast Ohio Black Health Coalition
- Mike Foley, Sustainability Director, Cuyahoga County
- Steve Holecko, Political Director, Cuyahoga County Progressive Caucus
The Free Stamp at Willard Park
Corner of Lakeside Avenue East and East 9th Street
CCPC Political Director Steve Holecko, 440 220 1874, firstname.lastname@example.org