Sending All Our Love to Sen. Portman
A CCPC and Indivisible Cleveland Project
I hope you can pick up on the sarcasm there. We should NOT be happy with our Senator Rob Portman's support of the Trump swam cabinet. Of course, he relies on money from cabinet members to support his political campaigns... and the Swamp Cycle continues.
Now we want to be 100% sure that Portman knows that the people he is supposed to be representing us we DO NOT support Trump's choice for the Supreme Court, Neil Gorsuch. Though well credentialed, his right wing ideology will undoubtedly help to undo the progress so many have fought for and for so long.
Here's What You Can Do:
- Find a sheet of paper and an envelope,
- Write a letter to Senator Rob Portman voicing your opinion about the Supreme Court choice. One handwritten, or typed and signed page is enough... BE SURE to include a few questions so that he and his staff will need to take time and respond. AND include a return address so he can send you a letter back.
- Fold the letter up and seal it in the envelope
- Write "Senator Rob Portman" on the front of the envelope AND your return address (again) in the top left.
- Return it to one of these locations BEFORE 9am February 14th
- The Coffee House Cafe - 4pm - 7pm, Tuesday, February 7th, 11300 Juniper Rd. Cleveland, 44106
- Harvard Community Center - 6:30pm - 8:30pm, Thursday, February 9th, 18200 Harvard Ave. Cleveland, 44128
- Starbucks - 1pm - 4pm, Sunday, February 12th, 12405 Cedar Rd., Cleveland Hts., 44106
- CCPC Office - ANYTIME via Mail Slot - 11910 Detroit Ave, Lakewood, 44107
If you are free, join us downtown at Portman's office at noon on February 14th as we deliver to him a valentines day gift of what we are hoping will be 1,000 letters from Ohio voters.
Meeting at Portman's Cleveland Office 1240 E 9th St in front of the federal building at 11:45am on Tuesday, February 14th.